Painting Series: OUT OF THE CLOSET
About this painting series
While recklessly squandering precious painting/reading time during our sheltering by scrolling through wasteful clickbite titles on one of our ubiquitous screens, we came across this headline: What are we wearing during the pandemic? The title prompted us to think of an obscure Italian painter we love: Domenico Gnoli. He created a series of whimsical paintings of pieces of clothing meticulously placed over domestic surfaces.
We are going to select a single item in our closet (anything from a piece of clothing to an accessory), lay it on an existing surface in our home (a table, a bed, a chair), and paint it from life. We will effectively “travel” from from our gardens straight to our closets.
• Painting premise: still life with a sartorial item.
• Props: one single item from our closet placed on an existing home surface.
• Painting surface: any size, any kind.
• Painting webinar medium: oil over cotton paper.
Watch it live or watch it later
You can attend the painting workshop live or you can replay it later at your convenience, you decide, just make sure you register.
We'll provide easy-to-follow steps, comprehensive instruction, and tips to help you develop your own work.
Any painting level is welcome.
Feature it, Share it, Sell it.
Registrants will be able to feature the final work for sale on our gallery, so your hard works gets properly and deservedly showcased. We already know your work is collectable, so our gallery allows potential collectors to buy your piece conveniently.
About the materials
This is an oil painting workshop. Here is a list of the materials we generally use. Don't worry too much if the materials don't exactly match.
Personable and Personalized
You'll be able to chat with us, post questions, feature your work for a critique session.
We'll provide a shared photo album link so we can all upload and share our work.
● The 2:30-hour webinar includes instruction, chat interaction, Q&A, and group critique.
● A shared photo album link will be provided after registration so you can upload our work and give feedback.
● We will host a ZOOM video conversation a few days after the webinar.
● Please use Google Chrome browser on a laptop for best viewing experience.
About Roofless Painters
We are a nomadic painting atelier presenting art education and exhibit opportunities to adults with all levels of artistic experience, practice, or representation. Our itinerant art studio pops up in local art-loving venues, historical landmarks, and outdoor environments, providing fine art instruction and white-glove service in a fully supplied setup for a professional studio practice experience. We are unconfined, self-contained, all-inclusive, and nonsectarian.